Wednesday, April 27, 2016

ANCESTRY.COM HUNGARIAN RECORDS THAT ARE USELESS IF YOU'RE CHRISTIAN

I took the time to check ANCESTRY.COM for Hungarian records to see if some of the most common surnames in Hungary would come up... When they did not and I saw that Ancestry.com was crediting Jewishgen as the source, I realized what was happening here. 

I tried HUNGARY ALL CITIZEN CENSUS  1869.   WHAT AN TOTALLY MISLEADING TITLE!  Source JewishGen?!  It's clear that this TITLE SHOULD BE CHANGED TO "JEWS OUR JEWISH VOLUNTEERS DECIDED TO INDEX."

I also tried HUNGARY ASSORTED CENSUS RECORDS 1781-1850

AGAIN THE COMMON HUNGARIAN SURNAMES DID NOT COME UP.

I hate when a database is called "Assorted." THIS SHOULD BE RETITLED TO "JEWS ON THE CENSUS RECORDS THAT OUR JEWISH VOLUNTEERS DECIDED TO TRANSPOSE."

You may not think of it as I do, but basically these FALSE and MISLEADING TITLES are like BAIT and SWITCH.

Why does JewishGen think that if they are going to turn over all their records to Ancestry.com that they should continue to run their own web site and plead constantly for more volunteers and more donations?

You can always use FAMILYSEARCH on the INTERNET FOR FREE.