Thursday, February 17, 2022

BEST NEW POLISH COOKBOOK! FRESH FROM POLAND by MICHAL KORKOSZ (It's Vegetarian!)

We're not opposed to trying new recipes or other ethnicity's cuisine are we?  

Now that libraries are reopened in my area, I went wild borrowing new books.  I have a stack of fifteen from two different libraries and this old book worm is slowly making her way through them. On the new book shelf I found this cookbook and a a couple others that focus on Polish cooking.  This one is the best.

Perhaps I needed to be awakened to the possibilities of pierogi. 

 These recipes all have a little twist to them, a little update, and Pierogi with Sauerkraut, Mushrooms, and Candied Orange Zest which is suggested for the Christmas holidays but too bad that's past, is delicious. What about goat cheese, spinach, and roasted almonds as a filling?  Oh I do so want to try several of the recipes and I'm not vegetarian!