Monday, May 6, 2019

BABY SUSSEX - ARCHIE HARRISON MOUNTBATTEN - WINDSOR BORN - GETTING BACK INTO MY PERSONAL HUNGARIAN GENEALOGY

The birth of "Baby Sussex" to Prince Harry and Los Angeles born and raised Meghan Markle, also known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (Great Britain), this morning, became a world wide news event and one I was following. After all, Ms. Markle was born and raised in Los Angeles. She's into Yoga. She loves her mom. And, like it or not, she comes with the another side of the family that seems uncouth in their willingness to cash in through becoming news themselves. Of course, that she is biracial and that their child will be about one quarter of African heritage is interesting too. Although these days there are articles that state that it's possible that more than one of Harry's ancestors was of East Indian descent or African descent via the Moors of Portugal.

Reading around Baby Sussex, I started reading around about royalty and nobility, in magazines such as Hello, Vanity Fair, and so on.

And I got back into my own personal Hungarian Genealogy.


Although every few months I check to see what's new on certain genealogy databases and certain websites, I unearthed some hand drawn charts, that I did years ago.

Some of the surnames on them are the surnames of nobility though I cannot say my particular lineages ever were. The search for a noble ancestor is also a search to continue following a line since so much more information was collected and kept regarding nobility than common folk. 

On this blog I list a number of informational links on the sidebar, if you're interested in finding a Hungarian-American Club, Museum, or learn more about Hungarian history and culture.

My ancestors who came to America were humble and hardworking people, so I'm not Putting On The Ritz.