Wednesday, August 7, 2024

HUNGARIAN GENEALOGY - GENEALOGY TIPS : YES I'M WORKING ON A NEW SERIES OF RESEARCH ADVISEMENTS FOR HUNGARIAN ANCESTRY

I know that some of you look to my Google Blogger, MAGYAR-AMERICAN for Pro genealogy research tips and have been wondering if I will have more for you. The answer is yes and I will probably have the series ready for you in September - October 2024...

Genealogy is one of the ways I began to "own" my Hungarian ancestry. My Hungarian ancestors were part of the great immigration to America during the Industrial Revolution and so have been in the United States since 1892ish... in some branches five generations now. And yes, we have mixed with people from other European ethnic heritages as most Americans do. However, I do feel that in the American genealogy world the emphasis is so much on American roots back to what is now Great Britain and that Hungary is a small nation (which currently would fit into the state of Indiana) is a rather neglected.

I developed excellent research skills and have a working knowledge of what is available. I'll be happy to share with you again, so if you come to Magyar-American BlogSpot for the genealogy please check back with me!

To find what has already been posted, click on the tags for various Pro Tips (or search for the word genealogy or Hungarian Genealogy)


As well, my sidebar has a great number of resources for you!

UPDATE : THE SERIES BEGINS SEPTEMBER 17th.