Saturday, March 16, 2024

OUR DRY SENSE OF HUMOR PROVES WE ARE TOO PESSIMISTIC TO SEE THE HUMOR IN THINGS : HUNGARIAN HUNGARIAN- AMERICAN STEREOTYPE

                                                    


HUNGARIANS are PESSIMISTIC and ALWAYS COMPLAINING.....?  Apparently we are only light-hearted when we dance.   Otherwise, we can bring anyone down.  That is, unless we unveil our DRY sense of humor.

OK, I've been accused of having a dry sense of humor, so dry it's imperceivable. On the other hand I've been known to laugh at my own jokes before I get to the punchline but I tell a jokes only once every few years and then it's usually the same old ones.  So I must not be insufferable...

What's wrong with looking at the dark side?  Well, to answer this we must be aware that we're in a hyper-positive culture in which every superlative is used to exaggerate importance, effort, as well as size.  Must we use so many adjectives?  Stunk and White would not be proud of our overuse of the English language in this way.  We should let words stand alone, allowing them the originally intended impact as is.

What about in Hungarian?

Do  you 'feel' this?

Let me know!


C 2023  Magyar American BlogSpot