Wednesday, May 11, 2022

HAS COVID CANCELLED OR DELAYED YOUR PLANS TO TRAVEL?

The news that some of the senior centers in my area are reopening and to the point of providing hot lunches was good news.  To me this is a sign that the world is reopening after two and a half years of Covid shut downs. Seniors were especially hard hit with the disease. People in assisted living homes and nursing homes were especially vulnerable to death, especially before there were any vaccines.  So for older people to start gathering and sharing meals (sans coverings over their nose and mouth) is an excellent sign that this thing is closer to over.

After having gone through 100 pre-made masks that were purchased in boxes, as well as picking up some that were free (tight and uncomfortable), having sewn some and been gifted some that are washable, I'm so to the point where I don't want to buy any more or wear any more masks.  That said, the library, the shuttle bus, and several other places that I go still require masks.

I would like to travel.

I think I'm going to start locally, as soon as I can verify that certain gardens, historical sights, and museums are open. In the mean time the only way to travel is through reading books, which only requires some time, some light, and a library card.

HAS COVID CANCELLED OR DELAYED YOUR PLANS TO TRAVEL?

Where would you like to visit?