Wednesday, February 12, 2020

MY DOG : MY VALENTINE

My dog is my Valentine.

She is now considered officially "Geriatric" but her love of life and willingness to have adventures and go go go with me means that sometimes I wheel her around in her cart or carry her a while between walks. 

A doggie- door in our residence means that she can go outside without waiting for me to come home to take her out, so I'm not sure if she actually pee's more often. 

I was looking in her eyes to see for myself but was never sure if it was the lighting or cataracts.  The vet says cataracts for sure. 

Her hearing?  I think she hears me just fine since she still seems to come to me when I call, especially when the words are food or treats. 

She has lost teeth and there isn't much I can do about it since I can't afford to put her asleep for dental care.

She defends her food with louder sounding "puppy whelps" when another dog is in wait for it.  I sounds like an alarm.

Her appetite, digestion, and poo-pooing seem to be in order; all dog owners watch for changes that might indicate trouble.  So far this year no fleas.  Last year she had fleas - not too bad.  The year before it was a battle - just horrible - she was tearing out her hair.  I do my best to give her good food but there have been some controversies about grain free food.  To her kibble I'm adding wet and mushy - green beans - carrots - salmon - beef - people food without too much spice or too much salt - sometimes canned dog too.

I can't imagine life without her.


C 2020  Magyar American BlogSpot
All rights reserved including International and Internet rights.