Wednesday, January 8, 2020

WHY I DON'T POST STATISTICS TO THIS BLOG

Over the years I've developed the habit of checking statistics and also noting which posts seem to be of interest.  I have my ideas about what I'll be posting and when and don't write just to get hits, but I still like to check these. Sadly, though I think of my effort as successful, Russian bots drive up stats artificially.

Though I send information to Google to note and block these referring sites for me and all other Bloggers, these sabotage statistics in a way that makes them far less real and helpful.  Recently a techie told me he uses Word Press where he blocks the entire countries of Russia and China.  

It's a shame because I have nothing personally against citizens of Russia or any other country who are sincerely interested in learning about Hungarian or Hungarian American genealogy.  I know that many ethnic Ukrainians lived in what was part of Hungary and I welcome their descendants to my Blog.

Just saying.