Tuesday, April 29, 2014

MY BUTTERFLY GARDEN IS NOT GROWING!

Over the last couple weeks I've had to accept it.  My butterfly garden that I blogged about a few weeks ago is simply not growing!  I ordered the seeds from a MONARCH BUTTERFLY CONSERVANCY PROJECT, set the seeds out in new soil and in my window and watered them carefully but just a couple of them took.  I carefully planted those seeds out of doors a couple weeks later, and I even put the ones that hadn't sprouted in soil outdoors as well.  I thought if the watering or light or heat was wrong in the house they would have a second chance, but no.

I GUESS I GOT SOME DUD SEEDS!

What now?

One day when I was walking down the street I came across some marigolds that had gone to seed, pulled some of the dry buds, and planted some of those.  THEY SPROUTED RIGHT UP!

So right now I have six giant marigolds that are growing.

All the tiny seeds that immediately sprouted indoors died once transplanted!

What happened to my "GREEN THUMB?"

or did I do everything right in the wrong weather?