Friday, July 29, 2022

THERE ARE NO SAD DOGS IN HEAVEN by SONYA FITZPATRICK : MAGYAR AMERICAN BOOK REVIEW

Finding Comfort After The Loss of A Pet...

The first few days after my dog died were pretty bad.  I didn't realize I had not changed clothes or washed my hair right away.  I also went out to a 'happy hour' with the purpose of having a little too much to drink, which isn't difficult for me because I drink very little.  I thought better of it when I also realized how tired I was and that a drink might put me in a danger zone.  I told many a stranger or associate that she had died, really anyone who would listen, such as people in line at the grocer.  And there were a few people I decided once and for all I didn't want to talk to or tell, such as a couple of men at the coffee house where she and I had sat outside.  Then I ordered in some library books on the subject.

This particular book was of interest because I saw the author Sonya Fitzpatrick on YouTube videos. Basically, she communicates with animals, mostly pets like cats, dogs, horses, rabbits, rats - you could say mammal animals. Because she is able to give people some specific information such as describing humans in the after-life (in spirit) who are relatives now caring for a pet, she's convincing.

Apparently animals can choose to reincarnate or stay there.  They are forgiving - or at least don't hold grudges - if due to some negligence or not understanding a person allows their pet outside where they are in danger of bigger animals or traffic or if they are holding off, not wanting to put an animal down.

However, there are some scenarios that are not covered in this book. While the statements


made would show that Fitzpatrick is for spaying and neutering, for chips and tags, and for putting down an animal in pain, what of the animal who exhibited an interest in life until the morning of or did have pups? Such as mine did before she and I met.  My dog was bred, I don't know how many times before me, but in life with me she showed recognition of puppies that looked like herself, even from a distance, and also got excited when she heard a maltese bark.  She was half maltese, I take it that might have been her mother's sound. I thought it was possible that she might be making the rounds in spirit, visiting people I never met. For instance maybe the first person who gave her up at age 1 1/2 really did love her and maybe she had doggie friends there.  Even the person who bred her, likely a family with a back yard and children, might also be forgiven by her for dumping her at the shelter, where she was on death row when I adopted her.

In other words, I perhaps selfishly want to think of her as mine forever, while treating her as an adult with a mind of her own.

The other day I went through my photo collection, sorry I had not taken more, but seeing that I had taken some photos of her that were good and printed out some in color. I also plan not to give away her things, but to keep them for some time.  Some day in the future I may think differently but not right now.

C 2022 Magyar- American BlogSpot

All Rights Reserved including Internet and International Rights