Friday, February 12, 2021

VACCINES AND COVID BURNOUT

The Covid-19 crisis goes on and on and on into 2021 and like you I'm burned out on it, am suffering, and am wondering when I will be able to get a vaccine. Although I think my chances of having a bad reaction are small, I still have anxiety and fear. I'm hoping to take it without hours long wait. 

What have I been doing besides blogging? Trying new recipes, especially soups. Working on my genealogy. Reading news a bit addictively; it's a way to participate in the world when you can't get out much. Walking with and without my dog. Crocheting dog sweaters. Learning new stitches. Going through closets and putting things aside for donation. (A couple local thrift stores reopened.) Using a little of my Economic Stimulus charge card to buy new clothes and shoes; so much is imported from China it's not funny. I'm very worried about American jobs. I think Thank You United States of America every day. Listening to PBS news hour and, judiciously, watching films. Sleeping poorly. Writing long letters though I probably won't send most of them. Volunteering to bag groceries at a food bank once a week. Taking some groceries to a neighbor who works nights. Sweeping leaves and taking them out to green bins. Attending Zoom meeting church though I just don't feel much into it anymore. Missing friends and wondering if we still will be after so much distance for so long. I wish I could say loosing weight. 

Thinking about:

Taking a class, catching up on reading (a stack of books), what it would be like to not worry, go on a vacation, sleep well.

C 2021