Thursday, December 31, 2020

NEW YEAR 2021

original photo by me


Readers,

I want to wish all of you health, wealth, and love in this New Year. 

I'm having a quiet night at home, a couple dogs wrapped in blankets near my feet and some lemon bars and tea.

Though in Southern California, there is snow on the mountains and it's cold. Not as cold as other parts of the country, but cold enough for sweaters and fluffy slippers. 

I've never much enjoyed loud New Years Eve parties, but the main reason for staying home rather than get together with friends is avoiding Covid-19. You may have heard that we are in a terrible crisis here. Like many of you, I seem to be addicted to news reports. The sickness and death is alarming. The hospitals are overwhelmed. The least we can do is stay home and out of harm's way. 

Two of my friends, one in Baltimore, the other in Orange, have had Covid. One had mild symptoms, the other was sick for three weeks. But for me so far so good.

I'm feeling positive about the vaccines but believe it will be spring before I will be eligible to take it myself. And so I suspect my blogging may slow down. 

Our leaders are asking us to avoid even the walks we take for exercise which bring us into contact with others; so if you're feeling a bit crazy with cabin fever, you're not alone.

Outside there are some booms, so somewhere people are trying to make cheer by blasting off Roman candles or fireworks left over from July. As well Christmas lights are decorating houses and apartments all over.

The Christmas tree will remain up a while longer. Usually till the 6th of  January.

I look forward to the day when all is well.