Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY WITHOUT AIR POLLUTION MAKES US WISH IT WERE ALWAYS LIKE THIS : IF ONLY IT WERE NOT THE VIRUS

It's just been glorious outside these last few days.  Skies seem especially blue and clouds more lofty and bright because there is a lot less traffic and air pollution, not just from cars but other shut downs.  So while so many loose their lives unable to breath, the breathing is especially good for the rest of us, here in Southern California.

People are impatient and raring to go, get outside, get exercise, get back to work, back to earning income, back to having their lives as they remember it; more physical, more movement.  We try to balance that desire with our concern for others.  And so some states and some places within states, generally those that are not very populated, begin to open. While we here in Southern California feel we must not be too hasty because we do not want to die or contribute to the deaths of others.

All around us are people who refuse to wear masks or cannot obtain them or make them.  One friend is wearing something that looks like what an old fashioned diver would wear under water, except this contraption is on his face in the daylight, sun, and moving air.  I myself found swatches of fabric that I never used for other projects and have been busy hand sewing masks.  One of them features big sunflowers.  Another has a design that's mod from the 1960's.  These masks don't coordinate with anything I wear but they are bright and fun and I wish to project that in wearing them.  If the trend continues out of necessity, I anticipate there will become fashions that coordinate hats, scarves, and other objects with masks.

My senior citizen friend, one of the most active and vital women in her 80's I've ever known, finally, with mask and hand sanitizer ready, entered the local grocery store where she had been sending her son-in-law, who somehow got to be the designated shopper, for the last six weeks.  Younger and able to stand in lines to get into stores, he has been so good to do the shopping for their somewhat organic household.  However, he would forget what he bought last, resulting in  too many bags of apples and too many cans of beans.

At the same time people began to share the fruits on their trees that they seldom actually think of as crops. She has dozens of lemons, oranges, some grapefruit, as well as loquat (which tastes a bit like apricot) and is trying to preserve some of these.  Her lemon cake is exquisite.

This past weekend a small beach nearest me was supposed to be cordoned off.
A friend who lives on a boat at the marina tells me that people are coming down there with their families, bringing bicycles, and biking around for exercise, rather than at the beach area, and it's making all those that live on their boats concerned.  Mostly my friends who are able to travel the world have had to avoid planning their next trips.

Will all the dogs have anxiety when their homebound owners finally head back out the door as they used to?

I know I've had sleep disturbances and unusual and symbolic dreams.  Reading around this subject, I discovered an article over at Daily Mail Uk today that said that thousands of people are sleeping and dreaming the same.  Yet when the dawn arrives, I'm up and out of bed, making my morning tea, taking my dog out for her morning stroll, and thinking about how best to use my day.

I hope you are well!


C 2020