Saturday, March 2, 2019

HAS YOUR HUNGARIAN-HERITAGE AMERICAN FAMILY LOST THEIR HOSPITALITY?

I'm reminded that American travelers to Hungary often  comment on how hospitable the people are, how welcoming.  I expect a professional in the travel or entertainment industry to be warm and respectful but I hear this is the case in the small towns and villages too.  

Growing up I noticed that relatives of Hungarian heritage seemed to feel that as family you didn't need to call beforehand, that as family you could show up anytime.  I considered this to be a village attitude.  We still liked to call and ask if we'd be welcome because it was a bit of a drive.  And I remember one time we did show up and it was a bad time because my aunt's husband's brother had just died and they were off to a funeral. 

What about you?