Wednesday, May 3, 2017

THIS BROKE THAT BROKE - AND WATER NOT FROM THE TAP

I've just gone through a spate of things breaking.  I have a whole list of things I need to take a screwdriver or glue or a hammer to.

We've had some high winds and a lot of broken branches and leaves were all over.  Before the gardener was scheduled to come, I decided to take a broom to it, before some passerby threw a match or cigarette into the pile. The broom broke.  The head of it came free of the handle.

I went to the store around the corner to fill up my gallon jugs with water at the machine there.  (Some people think this is a waste of money.  I like to make my tea and coffee with this purified water or spring water. The going rate is currently 30 cents a gallon.  A new gallon of spring water "from the source" goes for between 89 cents for the store brand to $1:50 or higher for specific California source brands. There is a Mexican brand that actually used to list the mineral content for about as much for a litter.  I recently found it at a Mexican oriented market for $1.59 and there was no longer a list so I have no idea if it is still a mineral water.  We also have in the stores the French mineral water, water that comes from Armenia, on occasional Poland or Russia or Israel.)

I was rolling this home when the handle of the wheeled cart broke off.  Right in front of my local police officer who patrols on foot.  (I could have used a short ride home in the patrol car!  Wouldn't my long necked neighbors love that!)

I've been writing some letters and keep paper and envelopes in a small cabinet with two doors.  One of the brackets on one of the doors broke off.

Then there is my heavy duty dark brass look metal clothes rack with the shoe rack beneath.
I got this when the pole in the big closet let loose from where it was anchored in the plaster.
I looked at it and it was swayed to one side.  (Maybe the old wire hangers are lighter that the plastic?)

I got some new ceramic pots at a garage sale, and had some aside that I bought last fall.  Started to replant, and moved my wooden window box down to the ground. It cracked.

I loath throwing anything away without trying to fix it or finding some way to recycle it.