Monday, November 7, 2016

IN LINE FOR 6 HOURS TO VOTE EARLY! I'll NEVER DO IT AGAIN!

I've voted, and wrote in a Candidate for President.  Nothing else would satisfy my soul.  I also avoided voting for several candidates for lesser positions because I didn't like any of them.  In my area measures and propositions were also important.  I voted in each case.

WHY, when I could have gone to my polling place on Tuesday morning did I choose this EARLY VOTE?  Well, because I looked at my schedule for Tuesday and realized that I was going to be doing a lot of commuting and MIGHT not be able to also vote, at least not while I still had some energy! 

My dog and I walked to the nearest early voting location and the line was very long looking, but at first, as people started moving up and leaving less space between them it appeared to be moving.  Meanwhile, there were some interesting conversations to be had with people in line around me.  However, one of them left after FOUR HOURS because she had a mail in vote in hand that COULD HAVE BEEN DROPPED OFF, and really, about the four hour point, with ONE FOOD TRUCK, no bottled water, no snacks, and without the foresight to at least bring a good book, which I could have done.


FIVE HOURS INTO IT, we got close enough to an actual tent full of EMPTY CHAIRS.  We went and dragged some back to sit on.  MY ENTIRE BODY HURT.  Getting up and down out of this folding chair hurt.  MY DOG had BEEN SO WONDERFULLY PATIENT THROUGHOUT.  Someone gave her water.  Someone else went out to the store, bought Halloween candy on sale, and the bag was passed back as we all needed the SUGAR for that false boost of energy!

THEN FINALLY WE WERE INDOORS where chaos continued.  My dog stayed under my chair and later went to the voting booth with me.

I HOPE THAT EARLY VOTING MEANS MORE PEOPLE VOTE! 

But I think most of the early voters were so disgusted with the election, THEY JUST WANTED IT TO BE OVER!

BLESS US ALL!