Sunday, August 26, 2012

SOME WORKS OF COMPOSER ROBERT GULYA

I'm always open to learning more about Hungarian born artists and composers. I don't think the average American knows much about Hungary at all. Having some Hugarian heritage is a starting point for a developing interest. Recently I came across a CD called SOME WORKS OF ROBERT GULYA, and inside is a little resume that kind of goes like this "The man is loaded with prizes and awards for his music!" So i brought it home and listened to it and I liked what I heard. It felt relaxing to me, though I'm not sure he was composing to relax people like some New Age composers are.

Going a little further, I found his official web site, which I've linked to (click on the title) and read that he divides his time between London and Hungary and is composing for film. Yes there are sound samples.