Sunday, October 30, 2011

BELA LUGOSI (Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó ) FIND A GRAVE

Friends, I blogged about Bela Lugosi, known for his horror films in early Hollywood, before and I've posted a link to his official web site before also. (You can find it on the sidebar!) But today I'm linking to his FIND A GRAVE page, where there is some genealogical information for Bela Ferenc Dezso Blasko. He is buried in Los Angeles at Holy Cross Cemetery.

Photobucket

I thought Bela yesterday when, for the first time, I saw the film he stared in called "THE RAVEN" in which he acted the part of a doctor who loves Edgar Allen Poe, the poet who wrote the poem called "The Raven" and many other dark pieces. In this movie, which I saw in black and white, the doctor has a prison basement where he has built various torture devices that Poe only imagined in his fiction. The doctor lures a group of people to a party, intent on getting the young beautiful woman he has fallen in love with, his personal torture being that he can't have her. And it goes from there...